2kg oxtail, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 white onions, finely chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
2 large red tomatoes, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1tbsp Royco Usavi or Bisto
1/2 tsp dried thyme
5 cups water
fresh parsley (optional garnish)
1.Put the oxtail in the pot, add salt, water, black pepper, garlic, and 1 onion.
2. On high heat let the oxtail boil meat boil for 20minutes, then drain the broth. (do not throw away)
3 .Lower the heat to medium. Add the oil to the oxtail and brown it.
4. Add the other onion as it browns, add the tomatoes and the green pepper
5. Keep turning the meat so that the tomatoes get fully cooked (make them soft) and also so as to avoid burning the meat.
6. Add the broth that you drained and let it simmer for 2-3hrs on medium heat or until the oxtail is soft
7. Turn off heat and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.