Sweet n Sour Chicken Stew
- 1 Kg boneless chicken breast.
- 10kgs diced pineapple chunks
- 150kgs each of (1cmX1cm) green and red pepper
- 20kgs diced onion
- 025kgs of creamy chicken mushroom soup (PnP/Knorr)
- 0050kgs black pepper powder.
- 050kgs white sugar
- 020kgs barbeque spice
- 010kgs fine salt
- 060ltr vinegar (white/apple cider).
- 050ltr lemon juice
- 0.020lt vegetable oil
- Precook diced chicken breasts in a pot for 8-10 minutes at 120°C with 200mls of water.
- Once breasts are fully cooked drain the stock into a holding jug,
- Add salt and vegetable oil to the breasts and stir fry the breasts for 2-3 minutes, ensure that they the breasts remain soft and tender, add barbeque spice and black pepper for seasoning.
- In a separate pot cook your creamy mushroom soup as instructed on the packet.
- Add the diced onion, pineapple, red and green pepper to the juicy breasts and continue to stir fry for another minute.
- Now your dish begins to look like a stir fry but it’s not yet complete.
- Add sugar, vinegar and lemon juice into the stir fry and top this up with the creamy chicken soup.
- Leave to simmer for 10 minutes at 90°C
- The dish will be ready to serve 6-8 people